Senior Data Analyst - Temp position - TABLEAU NEEDED - 3 months
Office of the Director of Digital Transformation and Data - 3 months
The Senior Data Analyst oversees and transform data into insights
Our client is an international organisation.
- Is accountable for creating high quality, actionable strategic analysis/reports on a recurring and ad hoc basis using internal and external data, to enable evidence-based decision-making at the institutional level (Directorate, Organisation and Management Platform).
- Ensures that information needs at the senior management level (strategy and performance) are supported by the changes generated by transactional tools and Master Data.
- Contributes to the development of the data model, datamarts and usage of the master and referential data for analysis across the business units and at institutional level.
- Supports improvements of data quality for institutional monitoring frameworks (strategy, performance) and improves the integrity and harmonisation of data used for institutional monitoring purposes.
- Mines the business's database in search of critical business insights and communicates his findings to the relevant departments and the business at large
- Assists services in reflecting on their performance measures and management concerns, in order to integrate institutional monitoring requirements, by organizing workshops, providing support to metier business analysts and developing pilot studies and prototypes.
- Coordinates the definition of shared indicators across the services and contributes to the development of the Institutional Data Warehouse.
- Applies best practices for data and analytics and contributes to the development of standards, guidelines and templates.
- Ensures compliance with established internal and external needs and regulations.
- Manages the life-cycle of dashboarding objects (validation, publishing, consistency, maintenance, deletion) and the Dashboarding Content Catalogue.
- Typically 10-12 years' overall professional experience
- 5-7 years of direct experience in data management & analytics including 2-3 years working for international organization(s)
- Advanced university degree preferably in business administration, finance or economics; specialised training in performance management systems and measurement approaches an asset.
- Business analysis certification (e.g. CCBA, CBAP), management accounting qualification (e.g. ACMA, CFA) or any suitable professional experience is desirable.
- Experience in developing databases, datamarts and data modelling.
- Experience in reporting and dashboarding tools (e.g. Tableau would be a plus)
- Strong project management skills; proven track-record in accompanying organizational change.
Desired profile and skills:
- Demonstrated interest in performance management and key performance indicator design, with a proven ability to define and design business processes.
- Ability to translate complex questions into practical strategies and action and to present information a clear and concise manner.
- Adept at collecting, synthesizing, interpreting, and summarizing data.
- Solid team player; confirmed capacity to work transversally.
- Proactive and results-oriented; solid organisational and prioritisation skills
- Sense of initiative and critical thinking: ability to identify issues, make recommendations for improvement, achieve consensus and support implementation
- Available for short field missions.
To be discussed.