AP Accountant (m/w)
To join an international company
Handle the AP Accounting within a team
About Our Client
Our client is an international company with its european headquarters located in Geneva.
Within the accounting team, your main responsibilities are:
- Handle all correspondence via post and e-mail and dispatch invoices within the Accounts Payable team.
- Accurately book all invoices: match to purchase orders when applicable and promptly secure all necessary approvals, while meeting high standards of accounting accuracy and VAT requirements.
- Ensure that all weekly and monthly payments in three currencies (USD, GBP and EUR) are accurately prepared and processed in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies, following SOX and statutory regulations.
- Liaise on a daily basis with all other Finance areas, internal departments and external suppliers by providing prompt assistance and top quality customer service.
- Periodically review Trial Balances and Aged Creditors across all entities and take the necessary corrective actions where necessary.
- Reconcile intercompany statements.
- Ensure that all month-end tasks are completed accurately and by the assigned deadlines.
- Provide payment details to suppliers.
- Ensure that the Accounts Payable filing and archiving processes are completed in a timely manner.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in Accounts Payable is essential, Shared Services experience is desirable.
- Experience with processing European invoices and payments.
- Computer literate (experience with Excel & Word is essential; experience with SAP/Infinium/AS400 is a plus).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to changing environments.
- Strong team spirit and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently when required.
- Fluent English speaker with additional language skills desirable (German, French, Italian).
What's on Offer
Possibility to join a prestigious company in a challenging environment.