You are here
Risk Controller FR - ENG - SPA 100% (m/f)
Collateral Risk management & Risk analysis
About Our Client
Our client is a sustainable and responsible investment fund. This fund invests in different alternative value chains.
Our client is based in Geneva but also in other international places.
As Risk Controller, you will be responsible for setting up the risk department of this startup company towards a FINMA supervised Fund Manager. First, you will re-define a methodology and appropriate tools. Second, you will work on top down risk control and bottom-up risk control.
The candidate should be willing to travel in rough conditions in developing countries where most of the projects are located. Travels of two weeks will take place from two to three times a year.
Top down risk control :
1. Identify, measure, monitor the different risks of the portfolio :
- the liquidity risk ;
- the currency risk ;
- the country risk ;
- the market risk.
2. Monitor the investment process :
- Oversee investment procedure ;
- Follow up monitoring of portfolio companies by analysts.
3. Design a methodology to rate problematic cases ;
4. Review, update and perform risk reports for the different committees of the company ;
5. Reporting support to the Investor Relations team ;
6.Establish a risk matrix for the advisory company.
Bottom-up risk control :
- Edit the investment proposals before they are submitted to the investment committee ;
- Supervise the problematic cases, looking for solutions along with the Investment Manager and the analysts in charge ;
- Receive and treat complaints.
The Successful Applicant
- A Master in Finance or in a related field ;
- A significant experience in risk management / risk analysis with 2 - 5 years' experience ;
- An experience in fund management industry ;
- Project management: ability to monitor and perform internal and external projects ;
- Excellent analytical and research skills required ;
- Fluent in English and French and Spanish in speaking and writing ;
- Willingness to learn, proactive, curious ;
- Organized, self-motivated & professional ;
- Swiss residence.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a 100% permanent contract based in Geneva within an small, dynamic, challenging and attractive environment for young and ambitious people.